19/02/2020 0 Comments
Get Ready for Spring With a New Concrete Patio
In addition to providing you with a space for entertaining guests, a patio will make your home more marketable if you decide to sell it. And if you opt to use concrete to build it, this home renovation will yield an outdoor space that’s as affordable as it is attractive. Here’s why you should consider welcoming spring with a new concrete patio.
3 Great Reasons to Install a Concrete Patio
Patios provide you with additional living space and can be designed to complement the style of your home. Furthermore, installing a patio will allow you to do the following:
- Upgrade your home. Adding a patio is a great way to enhance your house’s character while respecting your budget. You won’t need to invest in carpeting, drywall, plumbing and tiles.
- Entertain your guests. A backyard patio provides a comfortable outdoor space that also acts as a shelter from unpleasant weather.
- Sell your home quickly. A backyard patio can help you attract more buyers. That’s because most prospective buyers value outdoor living spaces.
Select the Right Finish for Your Concrete Patio
At Coastal Concrete, we provide a variety of finishes to suit your taste and these include:
- Exposed aggregate concrete. The process to make this type of surface involves pouring concrete and troweling to a smooth finish. The surface is then sprayed with a retarder to keep the surface wet to stop the surface from drying while the rest of the concrete gets hard. When the concrete is firm enough to walk on we pressure wash the surface off revealing the specialized rock below. This type of finish tends to be durable and best for exterior projects.
- Smooth Finish Concrete. You can get crisp smooth finish by using a steel trowel. This makes the slab appear sleek and clean. This is less desirable in areas where frost occurs, as it can be slippery.
- Broom finished concrete. This finish is achieved by first finishing the concrete to a smooth finish and then dragging a broom over to get the desired texture. The resulting surface is abrasive and provides good traction, making it is slip-resistant. This finish is great for areas that are affected by frost and algae.
- Stamped concrete. Stamped concrete is created by mixing concrete with a colour of your choice and then finishing it with a steel trowel. Latex stamps are then pressed onto the concrete. This customizable finish can look very elegant.
Install Your Concrete Patio for Spring
Coastal Concrete is a locally owned and operated business that offers concrete installations, full removal and form work as well as all the preparation before the pour. We can help you build the perfect patio for your yard or install other concrete structures on your property (driveways, paths, hot tubs, pool decks and more). If you’re considering adding a concrete patio to your backyard and want a free estimate, be sure to contact us today.